Our pathologists are medically trained clinicians who work in public hospitals and modern laboratories. They’re supported by scientists, technicians and support staff who quickly and accurately assess samples so clinical teams can make the best possible treatment decisions for patients.
Our Forensic & Analytical Science Service provides independent, objective analysis to the NSW criminal and coronial justice systems. It also provides environmental health testing to public health units in NSW and delivers services to the NSW Roads and Maritime Service, local government bodies and other organisations.
More information about Pathology services can be found at the NSW Health Pathology website.
NSW Health Pathology:
- Operates more than 60 laboratories
- Has around 200 pathology collection services in NSW public hospitals and community health facilities
- Employs over 4,000 staff
- Conducts and analyses over 61 million tests per year
Did you know:
- Around seventy percent of medical decisions rely on pathology.
- One in every two Australians had a pathology test last year
- Every cancer diagnosis relies on pathology
Call us to make an appointment.