People experiencing mental health issues can sometimes need some extra support and care. If this happens for you or someone in your family, we will help you to get this support. This can often mean spending some time in hospital.
Sometimes, a short stay in your local hospital is all that is needed. We will arrange this with you, and it may give you (or your family member) a chance to get a bit of rest, some treatment, some extra support, and then return home.
At other times, some more intensive support is needed. When this is the case, we will work with you and your family to arrange an admission to one of our specialist mental health units.
Our specialist mental health units are located in Bega and Goulburn.
- The “Chisholm Ross Centre” (“CRC”), is located at Goulburn
- “Bega Mental Health Inpatient Unit”, is located at South East Regional Hospital
We also have units providing support for:
- Older people with mental illnesses
- People with dementia
- People who have an enduring mental illness
How will an admission to hospital help you?
Our specialist units are here to help you.
Our units are designed to provide you (or your family member) with safe and appropriate care.
Our staff will work together with you and your family to ensure you get the treatment and support you need.
Our team includes:
- Doctors - Consultant Psychiatrists and Registrars
- Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and Pharmacists
- Consumer Advocates and Peer Workers
- Family and Carer Support workers
How to connect or apply for this service:
Emergency departments, GPs and Community mental health teams will contact us if you need an admission to one of our units.