Management and support for adults with kidney disease is available across the Southern NSW Local Health District. Your doctor (GP) needs to refer you to renal doctors (specialists) at Canberra Hospital.
Once you have been referred to our service the renal team will work with you, your family and your doctor (GP) to manage your kidney disease, providing support and care along the way.
We are here to help you manage your kidney disease and we provide information, support and treatment for individuals (and their families) affected by kidney disease.
Renal Services we provide:
Bulk Billed Renal Clinics are held at South East Regional Hospital Bega, Goulburn, Moruya, Batemans Bay and Cooma Community Health. Clinics include:
- Visiting renal specialist doctors from Canberra Hospital
- Local support by a Renal Outreach Nurse
Renal Outreach Support services include:
- Chronic Kidney Disease Management
- Treatment options education and support
- Managed locally by a Renal Nurse
- Support from a dietitian & social worker
Home Dialysis management consists of:
- Peritoneal dialysis & Home Haemodialysis
- Managed by the Canberra Hospital Renal Home Therapies Unit
- Supported locally by a Renal Outreach nurse
- Home dialysis training available at some sites in Southern NSW
Canberra Hospital Renal Home Therapies Unit provides Home dialysis training , management and support.
Queanbeyan, Moruya, Bega, Goulburn and Cooma Dialysis Units:
- Provide Haemodialysis treatments, if this is the most suitable treatment for you
- Are staffed by renal nurses
- Support and promote self-management
Renal Supportive care
- If you choose not to have dialysis and/or require symptom management, care and support will be available by the renal service, allied health and palliative care teams (locally where available).