If you wish to report a physical or sexual assault to Police, contact your nearest Police Station. Police are well trained to support people that have experienced sexual assault or domestic and family violence.
To report suspected child abuse or neglect or child sexual assault matters, call the 24 hour Child Protection Helpline on 132 111.
For information, support and help, call the 24 hour NSW Domestic Violence Help Line on 1800 65 64 63.
Violence is a serious problem in our community and affects people from all walks of life. Many people survive violence, abuse and neglect and suffer physical, mental and or emotional health problems throughout their lives. Our services can help.
If you, or someone you know are experiencing violence or abuse please contact us for assistance.
For children and young people who are experiencing or at risk of harm, please contact the Child Protection Helpline.
The Integrated Violence Abuse and Neglect Services (IVANS) programs provide specialised support to people dealing with experiences of violence, neglect and abuse. These include:
What can these counselling and support services provide?
- Crisis counselling following a sexual assault
- Medical examinations within 7 days of a sexual assault including forensic examination to assist with criminal proceedings
- Ongoing trauma-informed therapeutic counselling
- Service coordination and advocacy
- Coordination of medical assessments
- Support and information for family members and partners
- Information about reporting to police; the legal process and child protection agencies
- Ongoing therapy for adults who have experienced sexual assault as children
- Court information and support
- Community and professional consultation