Japanese Encephalitis Virus Vaccination Clinics
If you are eligible for a free JEV vaccine, speak to your General Practitioner (GP), pharmacist or Aboriginal Medical Service about getting vaccinated today. You can check eligibility requirements here: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/jev/Pages/vaccination.aspx
People who meet the eligibility criteria should make an appointment with their GP, pharmacist or Aboriginal Medical Service and let them know it is for the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine as they may require a few days' notice to order the vaccine.
Please note: some providers may charge an administration or consultation fee. Be sure to check if this applies to you.
Murrrumbidgee Local Health District is also providing some JEV vaccinations
MLHD are providing Japanese encephalitis virus vaccinations for those who meet the eligibility requirements - see here: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/jev/Pages/vaccination.aspx
Bookings are required. Book online https://vaccination.slhd.nsw.gov.au or call 1800 955 566
Griffith - NSW Rural Fire Service, 200 Wakaden Street
Tuesday 6 December from 9am
Darlington Point Community Health Centre, 27 Carrington Street
Wednesday 7 December from 9am
Leeton Murltipurpose Centre, 3/6 Wade Avenue
Thursday 8 December from 9am
The following groups should contact their GP for vaccination:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Previous anaphylaxis to any vaccine
- Babies less than 9 months old
You can access immunisation advice and vaccine information by calling 1300 066 055.
Why is immunisation important?
- It gives you the best possible protection against some dangerous diseases
- Immunisation not only protects you and your own family, but also others in your community
- It assists with the reduction of disease
How will our services help you?
- Accessing School Vaccination and Childhood Vaccination Records will provide you with the vaccination information you require
- We can direct you to the latest information about vaccines and what’s important
- We can give you information about free Immunisation Clinics
Information for Parents and communities
- Current NSW Immunisation Schedule
- Childhood Vaccinations
- School Vaccinations
- Travel Vaccinations
Information for Health Professionals
Services we can provide to Health Professionals
- Authorised Nurse Immuniser Essential Kit
- Cold Chain
- National Adverse Event Following Immunisation (AEFI) Reporting
- Other Resources
- School Vaccinations