In building and industry operations, there can be many hazards which can cause risks to public health and safety.
These may include:
- Do It Yourself (DIY) renovations which can expose you to lead or asbestos
- Contaminated lands
- Sites that pollute the air where you live
- Exposure to, or noise from, a business or industry you live or work near that causes you distress
You can contact an Environmental Health Officer on 1300 066 055 for more information.
Information regarding building and industry hazards can be found on the NSW Government Health website.
How will this information help you?
- Understand what building and industry hazards are
- Understand the risks associated with Do-It-Yourself renovations and what steps you can take to protect your health
- Access sites which assist you in understanding what products may be contaminated and cause a risk to public health including therapeutic products, agricultural and veterinary chemical products, and pesticides as examples.
- Access sites which assist you in understanding what is a contaminated site and what steps need to be taken to ensure they are not a risk to public health
- Access sites which assist you in understanding how noise can impact your health and what steps and precautions can be taken to ensure noise is not a risk to public health
- Access sites with the most up to date information on asbestos and associated public health risks