The Central Health Intake Unit is a service that receives and processes referrals for all community health settings across the Southern NSW Local Health District.
Once your referral is received, your referral is processes and directed to your nearest appropriate service for your health care needs to make a booking.
In an emergency, please call 000.
You can contact the service by:
Central Intake can help ensure that you are connected to the right services to meet your needs.
Generally, you or a family member can call to access many of our services. Your GP or another service provider may also refer you.
Some community health services need more information about your health, and may require a referral from your GP. Central Intake can provide you with more information.
All referrals and enquiries can be directed to one phone number 1800 999 880.
You can access the following services via the Community Health Central Intake service:
- Aboriginal Health services
- Aged, Chronic and Complex Care
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Care Navigator
- Child and Family Nursing
- Community Nursing
- Continence Nursing
- Diabetes Education
- Falls Prevention
- McGrath Breast Care Nurse
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Podiatry and Foot care
- Sexual Health
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Transitional Aged Care Program (TACP)
- Women’s Health
- Wound Care Clinics
To follow up on a referral, or to book an appointment, please call 1800 999 880, and listen carefully to instructions to be connected with your local community health service:
- Coastal Region:
- Bega Valley (South East Regional Hospital, Pambula, Eden)
- Eurobodalla (Batemans Bay, Moruya, Narooma)
- Inland Region:
- Snowy Mountains (Cooma, Jindabyne, Bombala)
- Southern Tablelands (Goulburn, Crookwell, Yass)
- Queanbeyan (Queanbeyan, Braidwood)