This program offers intensive support to Aboriginal families who meet the criteria for families requiring support.
- Women who are more than 32 weeks pregnant
- Families with children up to two years - priority is given to those with children under 12 months of age
- Families who reside within the boundaries of Wagga Wagga, Junee, Coolamon, The Rock and Collingullie
Early engagement with the program is a key factor for success. With the consent from clients, referrals are received from service providers with and external to the Murrumbidgee Local Health District and self-referrals from Aboriginal families. Families may be enrolled in the program for up to two years.
How will this Program help you?
- Home visits will be tailored to meet your family’s needs
- We’ll help you achieve your family goals by using the strengths and resources within the family
- We offer you a flexible, respectful approach, catering for differences in your family’s needs and circumstances
- We will focus on:
- Ensuring safety
- Good nutrition
- Sleeping behaviours
- Maternal bonding
- Child attachment
- Crying and separation issues
- Providing appropriate social opportunities
- We will do a comprehensive assessment and child development checks as per My Personal Health Record (the Blue Book)
- We’ll help work on developing and improving skills and relationships within your family
- We can link you to services and resources
Having young children can be challenging and we can help.