- We off you a culturally appropriate, flexible, community based service during pregnancy and birth
- This service is for Aboriginal women and women with Aboriginal children
- We aim to improve the health outcomes of you and your children
The AMIHS service is delivered by an Aboriginal Health Worker and a Midwife working together to deliver care before and after you have your baby.
We empower women through education, building skills and sharing knowledge, to help you have a healthy pregnancy and a strong baby.
How will this Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service help you?
Services provided will vary between communities but include:
- Hospital bookings
- Antenatal & post-natal checks
- Home visits
- Information about what to expect in pregnancy and labour
- Support through labour and birth
- Help in organising GP and specialist care and links to other support services