Support for Healthy School Canteens
Health Promotion Officers at Southern NSW Local Health District can support your school to implement the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy. Visit the Healthy School Canteens website to learn more about the strategy or email the Population Health team to discuss how we can support your school.
A higher standard for school canteens
All NSW public schools are required to transition to the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy over a three-year period (2017-2019) and non-government schools are strongly encouraged to participate. The Food and Drink Benchmark underpins the Strategy and provides an outline for a healthy school canteen.
We can help your school meet the benchmark
Our Health Promotion Officers can help you and your school:
- Understand what the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy means for your school.
- Prepare an action plan for transitioning to the strategy.
- Connect with training opportunities for canteen managers, school staff and the P&C.
- Prepare an application for the NSW School Canteen Menu Check Service.
- Promote your canteen’s achievements.
Ready to go?
Email our Population Health team to discuss how we can support your school to have a healthy canteen. You can also join our Live Life Well @ School email list for regular updates on the canteen strategy, and our school-based programs.