Go4Fun is a free healthy lifestyle program supporting children to become fitter, healthier and happier. The program is fun and interactive, supporting 7-13 year old children and their families to adopt a long lasting and healthy approach to life. Find out where the program is running near you, or enrol in our flexible online program.
The program focusses on improving:
- Eating habits
Who can participate?
The program has been specifically designed for children aged 7-13 years who are above a healthy weight, and their families living in New South Wales (NSW). You can find out if your child qualifies for Go4Fun by completing our online form.
What does the Go4Fun program involve?
Go4Fun is a free 10 week healthy lifestyle program run by qualified health professionals. Sessions are 2 hours long and held after school, running parallel with school terms. Children and their families have fun and become fitter, healthier and happier. The program highlights include:
- Weekly games and activities for children
- Fun, interactive discussions to teach easy and effective ways to improve children’s nutrition, physical activity and self-esteem
- Practical demonstrations, games and tips about healthy foods, label reading and portion size
Can’t get to a face-to-face program?
Go4Fun Online is a free 10 week program for children aged 7-13 who are above a healthy weight and their families. The program provides information and support to improve eating and activity habits and is specifically for families in NSW who are unable to attend the face to face version of the program. Go4Fun Online includes:
- 10 weekly online sessions: Learn about healthy eating and physical activity for children.
- Rewards and freebies: Earn tokens each week that can be swapped for a prize at the end of the program.
- Personalised support: Weekly phone, email and SMS support to keep you on track.
- Online community: Chat to other families participating in the program.
- Tools and resources: Receive resources in the mail to help you along the way.
- Track progress: Receive a report that summarises the changes made during the program.
For further information
For more information or to register for a program, visit go4fun.com.au or go4funonline.com.au. The website provides details of the Go4Fun program, the locations of where programs run and a Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator to assess if a child is eligible to enrol. The Go4Fun team is on hand to help Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 5pm. Call 1800 780 900 or email SNSWLHD-HealthPromotion@health.nsw.gov.au.