The National Quality Standard highlights the importance of individual and collaborative self-assessment and evaluation to drive continuous improvement and advance practice. Use these prompts to reflect on healthy eating practices at your Service as part of your implementation of Munch & Move®. You can download the prompts as a poster for display and use at your Service or join our Munch & Move® mailing list, to receive information about other programs, tips and ideas to support your Service.
- Do we all share the same view on the importance of healthy eating?
- Could we find a way to encourage children to be more independent at snack and meal times?
- Could we involve children in maintaining the kitchen garden more?
- How could we find out more about the latest guidelines on healthy eating for young children?
- How could we make mealtimes more enjoyable, relaxed occasions?
- Could we do more to support breastfeeding mothers?
- How could we organise the space and routines to make mealtimes better?
- How do we include healthy eating in our celebrations?
- Have we reviewed individual infant feeding plans recently?
- How do we routinely encourage children to try new foods?
- Are we convinced we act as good role models by eating healthy ourselves?
- What more could we do to share information with families about the importance of healthy eating?
- Do we extend on children’s individual interests in cooking and healthy eating?
- Are we ensuring children have access to water throughout the day?
- Are we providing opportunities for discussing healthy eating outside of meal times?
For further information
For further support to reflect on healthy eating practices at your service, download the Reflecting on Healthy Eating poster or contact the Munch & Move® program at Southern NSW Local Health District. You can also join our Munch & Move® mailing list, to receive information about programs, tips and ideas to support your Service.