The Get Healthy information & Coaching Service® can provide you with the support and motivation you need to reach your own healthy lifestyle goals. Tailored support is available for people who identify as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. Through regular contact, advice and coaching, you can achieve a healthier, more physically active lifestyle. Getting started is as simple as registering your details, or if you’d prefer, you can call and speak directly to a Get Healthy representative on 1300 806 258.
Is this program for me?
This program complements the Standard Coaching program of the Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service®. The Get Healthy Service Aboriginal Program offers culturally appropriate coaching and materials for our Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander participants.
How will the Get Healthy Information & Coaching Service® help you?
The Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service® is a FREE and confidential phone based service. The Service is open to anyone aged 16 years and over. You will get your own university qualified personal health coach to help you make healthy lifestyle changes.
Your health coach could help you to:
- Eat healthily
- Get active
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Gain or maintain a healthy amount of weight during pregnancy.
- Your own personal health coach and Aboriginal Liaison Officer
- Up to 13 confidential coaching calls over six months - all at a time and day that suits you
- Motivation and support to set your own healthy lifestyle goals
- Information and a journal containing information specific to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. This will help you track your goals and actions.
- Help to overcome any problem areas
- Option to re-enroll for coaching or get six months of SMS based coaching for FREE.
How do I get started?
Starting your Get Healthy Journey has never been easier. Complete our simple online form today or call 1300 806 258. Alternatively you can ask your GP or Allied Health Professional for a referral to the Get Healthy Service at your next appointment.