Get Healthy in Pregnancy® is a free confidential information and/or telephone coaching service for pregnant women in NSW aged 16 years and over. Through regular contact, advice and coaching, you can achieve a healthier pregnancy. Getting started is as simple as registering your details, or if you’d prefer, you can call and speak directly to a Get Healthy representative on 1300 806 258.
Is this program for me?
Too much or too little weight gain during pregnancy can place you and your baby at risk of complications during pregnancy, at birth and later in life. Eating well and being active during pregnancy is important for your health and the health of your baby.
Get Healthy in Pregnancy® complements your existing antenatal care and understands the individual and changing needs of pregnant women.
How will the Get Healthy Information & Coaching Service® help you?
Get Healthy in Pregnancy® is a FREE and confidential phone based service. The Service is open to anyone aged 16 years and over. You will get your own university qualified personal health coach to help you make healthy lifestyle changes.
Your health coach could help you to:
- Eat healthily
- Get active and stay active
- Achieve a healthy weight gain in pregnancy
- Drink no alcohol
- Your own personal health coach throughout your pregnancy and in the early postnatal months
- Make healthy lifestyle choices during pregnancy and after your baby is born
- 10 confidential coaching calls over six months - all at a time and day that suits you
- Motivation and support to set your own healthy lifestyle goals
- Information and a journal to help you track your goal and actions
- Help to overcome any problem areas
- Option to re-enrol for coaching or get six months of SMS based coaching for FREE.
How do I get started?
Starting your Get Healthy Journey has never been easier. Complete our simple online form today or call 1300 806 258. Alternatively you can ask your Midwife, GP or Obstetrician for a referral to the Get Healthy Service at your next appointment.