Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) has been notified of 17 new COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours to 8.00pm last night.
This brings the total cases in SNSWLHD to 54 since the start of the current outbreak in June.
Of the 17 new cases:
- Five cases are in Yass. Four are linked to existing cases. One is under investigation
- Three cases are in Queanbeyan. Two are linked to known cases and one is under investigation.
- Two cases are in Googong and are linked to known cases.
- Four cases are in Batemans Bay and are linked to the Batemans Bay cluster.
- Three cases are in Goulburn and are linked to existing cases.
Everyone in the District should be alert for any symptoms that could signal COVID‑19 including headache, nausea, sore throat, runny nose, cough, loss of smell or taste, or fever. If symptoms appear, people must isolate and get tested immediately, and remain isolated until a negative result is received.
There are 500 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW. A full list of SNSWLHD’s clinic sites and hours is available on our website: https://www.snswlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/our-services/infectious-disease/covid-19
If you are eligible, please also come forward for vaccination as soon as possible. There are more than 200 mobile and outreach vaccination clinics across the state in addition to GPs and pharmacists. Check your eligibility at https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away – don’t delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at all times when outside your home, except when exercising.
For up-to-date statistics NSW Health
Read more COVID-19 FAQs