Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) has been notified of seven new COVID-19 cases to 8pm last night.
- Two cases are in Yass and are close contacts of a known Yass case.
- One case is in Batemans Bay, and one is in Catalina, and both are close contacts of known Batemans Bay cases.
- Two new cases are in Goulburn, one is a close contact of a known Goulburn case and one is a close contact of an Albion Park case.
- One new case is located in Googong and is linked to the ACT.
A further 2 cases previously reported in the NSW total as being under investigation have now been confirmed to be in Queanbeyan. These cases are linked to the ACT.
A COVID-19 positive child attended Yass Public School for a short period of time on Monday 13 September. The SNSWLHD Public Health Unit has been working closely with the school to identify close contacts. The school has closed on Tuesday 14 September for deep cleaning and will reopen today Wednesday 15 September.
Additionally, a COVID-19 positive child attended the Yass Pre-Kindergarten on Thursday 9 and Friday 10 September. The kindergarten has been closed and close contacts have been informed.
There are no venues of concern for any of these cases at this stage. Most cases were in isolation throughout their infectious period as they were known household or close contacts of existing cases.
Venues of concern are kept updated on the SNSWLHD website: https://www.snswlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/our-services/infectious-disease/covid-19-venues-of-concern
Any further venues of concern that are identified through contact tracing will be announced as soon as they are known.
Everyone in the District should be alert for any symptoms that could signal COVID‑19 including headache, nausea, sore throat, runny nose, cough, loss of smell or taste, or fever. If symptoms appear, people must isolate and get tested immediately, and remain isolated until a negative result is received.
A pop up testing clinic has been established in Eden from Tuesday 14 until Thursday 16 September in response to covid traces being detected in the sewage.
This clinic will run 8am to 4pm at the Twofold Arcade car park, access off Bass Street, Eden NSW 2551.
Capital Pathology’s Yass drive through clinic at Walker Park Sports Ground, Merriman Drive Yass 2582, has extended its hours to 8am to 4pm Tuesday – Friday this week.
There are more than 500 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW. A full list of SNSWLHD’s clinic sites and hours is available on our website: https://www.snswlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/our-services/infectious-disease/covid-19
If you are eligible, please also come forward for vaccination as soon as possible. There are more than 200 mobile and outreach vaccination clinics across the state in addition to GPs and pharmacists. Check your eligibility at https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away – don’t delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask at all times when outside your home, except when exercising.
For up-to-date statistics NSW Health
Read more COVID-19 FAQs