The Goulburn Hospital and Health Service Redevelopment team is creating a collection of historical photos to showcase in the new facility – and the team needs your help.
The showcase will feature images from early eras to today, from all health facilities across the Goulburn region.
The project is being organised with the help of volunteers who have generously taken on the challenge of arranging the collection, after cataloguing the entire portfolio of Goulburn Health Service's historical assets.
If you have a photo of the Goulburn health service – of staff, patients, events or buildings – the team would appreciate a digital copy for the collection.
Please contact SNSWLHD-GoulburnHospital-Redevelopment@health.nsw.gov.au to share your captured moments in time. Email your digital copy or if you only have the original version the team can arrange a digital copy.
The images will be showcased when the hospital redevelopment is completed in 2021.
The NSW Government is spending $120 million on the Goulburn Hospital and Health Service redevelopment, with a further $30 million to be spent on ambulatory care services at Goulburn Base Hospital. The new facilities will include:
- A new four-storey Clinical Services Building with;
- a new main entry and hospital reception
- a new emergency department
- a new medical imaging department
- a new intensive care unit
- new operating theatres, day surgery and recovery areas
- new medical, surgical, paediatric, rehabilitation and geriatric inpatient units with specific designated palliative care beds
- a new maternity unit and birthing suite, as well as ambulatory paediatric and antenatal clinics.