Southern NSW Local Health District (SNSWLHD) has been notified of five new COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours to 8.00pm last night.
Of the five new cases:
- Three new cases are in the Queanbeyan Palerang region (2 in Queanbeyan and 1 in Karabar) and are all under investigation.
- Two new cases are in the Yass Valley region. One in Yass is linked to a known case, and one in Murrumbateman is under investigation.
This brings the total cases in SNSWLHD at 415 since the start of the current outbreak in June.
Everyone in the District should be alert for any symptoms that could signal COVID‑19, including headache, nausea, sore throat, runny nose, cough, loss of smell or taste, or fever. If symptoms appear, people must isolate and get tested immediately, and remain isolated until a negative result is received.
Venues of concern are listed on the NSW Health website: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx
There are more than 500 COVID-19 testing locations across NSW. A full list of SNSWLHD’s clinic sites and hours is available on our website: https://www.snswlhd.health.nsw.gov.au/our-services/infectious-disease/covid-19
It is important that everyone aged 12 years and over continues to come forward for the COVID-19 vaccination. It is easy to book using the Commonwealth Government’s Vaccine Clinic Finder.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- If you are unwell, get tested and isolate right away, don't delay.
- Wash your hands regularly. Take hand sanitiser with you when you go out.
- Keep your distance. Leave 1.5 metres between yourself and others.
- Wear a mask indoors at public venues and while on or waiting for public transport.